Dance is definitely the best outlet and an art form for creative expression. In Shalom Hills, different dance forms are taught and they double up to teach the students skills and lessons of life other than polishing their dancing prowess. They acquire flexibility of body and mind, concentration, fellow camaraderie and very importantly they learn that in life as well as in dance ‘sometimes you lead and sometimes you need to follow’.
DANCE SYLLABUS AND CLASSES
- Three dance classes are conducted per week for every class. For this, duly planned and mapped out dance syllabus has been designed at the beginning of the year. This syllabus is meticulously and assiduously well thought out and has all the dances/forms which will help to enrich the children’s knowledge of the different dance forms.
- At the beginning of each dance training session, an appropriate warm up with previously rehearsed steps is done.
- * For various interschool and intraschool events and competitions, theme-based dance sequels or those highlighting current situations or socially livewire problems are conceptualized, choreographed and presented.
- To prepare our students for these events, we initiate from the basic dance steps and then proceed to more complex choreography.
After Silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. Music is everybody’s possession…
Music actually improves communication and brings about integration between the right and left sides of the brain, leading the way to better comprehension and memorization skills. At Aviraj the universal language of music is taught through instrumental and vocal music classes which form a staple part of the syllabus as well as an integral part of the school programmes. In the school, trained music teachers teach valuable lessons of reverence to God, love, brotherhood, unity, harmony and patriotism through a repository of soulful and uplifting songs.
We believe that the children are natural, instinctive music makers. When we expose children to music through singing and playing instruments, they become more proficient, develop musical skills and the keener appreciation of finer nuances of music. While participating in music activities, children also show accelerated physical, language, social-emotional, and cognitive development.
Objectives of Music curriculum and classes-
Aviraj World School offers music syllabus, classes, activities and programs from Pre-Primary to Senior Graders which includes individual lessons, group lessons, and assemblies, student monitoring and intergenerational programs.
- Continuous focus is on diverse themes/values which have been adopted as core basis of imparting knowledge through Music
- These not only focus on training students in musical proficiency but also cover wider aspects of personality development.
- The diversification of thought process through this medium has been used in Aviraj world School as one of the strongest means of communication as well as a platform to express emotions, bring about awareness & de-stress ourselves.
- Core values which we try to imbibe and enhance in the students through Music are:
The whole purpose of integrated music classes is to make students understand the importance of life. A little motivation and inspiration from time to time help the children to navigate through the small and large hurdles that they might encounter on their journey.
“If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.”
Indian Heritage (Classical Music)
To make students understand our values and that Indian music is one of the oldest musical traditions in the world, classical is a staple fix in the music syllabus.
The idea of being patriotic is close to our hearts and an expression of patriotism through music has always had a strong significance in our freedom struggle. The purpose of Music Program in Aviraj world School is to make sure that our students feel inspired about their country, build up nationalistic pride and to provide a common idea which all members of a society may call their own.
“Patriotism is not outbursts of emotion, but tranquil & steady dedication of a lifetime.”
Prayer songs and devotional music teaches the students to pay reverence to God each day, exhorts them to rejoice in his blessings and reminds them to be grateful for all that the Lord has given them.
“Prayer is exhaling the spirit of man and inhaling the spirit of God.”
Go Green – Our choice and creed
When the going gets tough, the tough go green
At Aviraj World School, we believe that there is only choice in life – that is the right choice. We teach our students to choose environmental responsibility over any other i.e to ‘think and go green’ all the time. For this reason, the school engages its students in several projects, campaigns, crusades as part of its abiding ‘Go Green’ commitment.
The various green school activities taken up by school are:
- Green school sustainability programme in association with MRK Institute of technology and engineering.
- Green school programme for waste , air, water, land carbon foot print audit
- Go Green drive by Interact Club
- Save Environment campaign
- Save Electricity campaign
Go Green, Save enviorment, Save electricity
In-House Green school programme
Bearing in mind that environmental challenges are growing and also that they can be met and countered if each one of us is aware and involved, Aviraj world School has a concurrent and on-going Green House Programme. As a part of it, the school children have realized that we all need to change the way we manage natural resources; alter our consumption patterns so that we can do more with less; and innovate with current technologies so that we can improve the environment around us.
The benefits of GSP can be felt at multiple levels
- It acts as a tool to explore, identify & document the living resources which exist within the school premises.
- The audit process helps the school community to draw up a roadmap for sustainable development.
- Also, GSP is a self-assessment program. It helps in the school audit, the use of school resources and maps out their consumption and wastage. The exercise involves collection of information under the following heads – Water, land, energy, waste and air
IMPLEMENTATION OF PROGRAMME
- Formation of audit teams from class VI to XII
- Fixing the task under each category
- Implementation of task
- Compiling the results
- Preparing green school report card
- Give suggestive measure for improving green measures in school